Here’s a selection of presentations I’ve given at conferences; emphasis on k-8 computing education since 2018.
Developed out of my research:
Deutsch, M. (2019, August). Task + Talk: A pedagogical model adapted for K-8 CS. Lightning talk presented at ACM International Computing Education Research (ICER) conference, Toronto, ON. [materials]
Deutsch, M. (2019, June). Talk to learn math, talk to learn coding. Lecture presented at Mathematics and its Connections to the Arts and Sciences (MACAS) conference, Montreal, QC. [materials]
Developed & delivered through Kids Code Jeunesse:
Deutsch, M., & McDonald, A. (2019, May). Math by way of micro:bits. Workshop presented at Ontario Association for Mathematics Educators (OAME) conference, Ottawa, ON.
Deutsch, M. (2018, November). Micro:bits to animate your other curricula. Workshop presented at Collaborate, Create, Innovate (CCI) conference, Montreal, QC.
- ACSE, Feb 2020: Scaffolding by understanding a working demo.
- Fields Institute: Ed Research Day, Feb 2020. Talk to learn math, talk to learn coding.
Presentations, posters, and guest lectures out of my work at McGill University: Learning Management Systems (LMS), Enterprise Student Information Systems (SIS), and Business Intelligence (BI)/Analytics.
- Intro to BI and Analytics & Data Visualization, guest lectures at McGill Desautels Faculty of Management, 2011-13.
- Agile BI Development. Presentation at Higher Ed Data Warehousing Forum (HEDW) 2009, Bloomington, IN.
- Transforming the Matrix: Achieving Better Focus and Insight in LMS Selection. Co-author with Anthony C. Masi, Laura R. Winer, & Adam B. A. Finkelstein. Presented by colleagues at EDUCAUSE 2006, Dallas, TX.
- LMS Analytics: My LMS gets 2m hits a day… Now what? Co-author with Anthony C. Masi, Laura R. Winer, & Adam B. A. Finkelstein. Presented by colleagues at EDUCAUSE 2005, Orlando, FL.
- Real-time LMS integration: Now a must-have. Co-author with Laura R. Winer & Adam B. A. Finkelstein. Poster presented by colleagues at EDUCAUSE 2004, Denver, CO.
- Improving your LMS integration. Co-author with Bogdan Negoita. Presentation at Canadian Banner Users Conference 2004.